Spring is definitely in the air
as several of our faith-based Strengthening Families Programs begin to bloom.
In the month of March, The Prevention Department announced the first of four faith-based Strengthening Families Programs to launch in 2013. We are now thrilled to announce the second faith-based Strengthening Families Program will occur in partnership with Folsom’s Hope, an Assist Local Foundation ministry.
Assist Local Foundation is a non-profit organization that provides support by recruiting volunteers to serve local organizations and charities. Folsom’s Hope seeks to care for children by strengthening the family, providing family-focused resources to the residents of Folsom.
The faith-based Strengthening Families Program will occur at Theodore Judah Elementary School. Folsom’s Hope and NCADD are currently seeking volunteers to assist with this exciting new venture.
The program is expected to serve multiple families in the City of Folsom, and will launch on August 21st at 6 pm.
We are looking for volunteers that:
- Desire to volunteer with families to help keep their children safe from risky behaviors
- Have a passion to help strengthen the bonds of family and communication
- Are looking for experience in working with teens, adults, or children
- Enjoy working with adults, teens, or children
- Feel a “call” to make an impact in their community
- Are comfortable with volunteering in a faith-based family program
We are also seeking volunteers to assist with cooking meals, planning and preparing a graduation event, marketing, facilitating, childcare, and recruiting families for this event. Your talent is needed in these and other areas. All volunteers are fully trained so if you are interested in applying as a volunteer please contact Jessica Fielding at 916-922-5118 x 101 or firstname.lastname@example.org soon!