Effective Treatment for Adult Substance Use Disorders Presentation on Friday, April 5th
David Gust and Kent Morrison will present a professional workshop with a structured approach to treating the physical, emotional and spiritual illness of addictions. Gust and Morrison are from New Directions Counseling Associates, a Focus Healthcare of California partner.
Topics to be covered:
- The Fundamental Principles of Effective Treatment
- The neurological consequences of substance abuse as it pertains to the adolescent/young adult (ages 18-25) vs. the adult (over age 25)
- An understanding of the physical illness: Brain fixes – nutrition, exercise, and supplementation
- Co-occurring disorders & addictions: Behavior and process addictions and Mental health screening
- The emotional illness of addiction: Rebuilding the self,relationships and community
- The spiritual illness of addiction: Identity formation
Contact David Gust: 916-966-4523 ext. 3
Cost: $125 per person – Only 3 seats available as of April 3rd
Location: Focus Healthcare of California – 2221 Fair Oaks Blvd., Sacramento
7 Contact Hours
Provider approved by CFAAP/CAADAC,
Provider # 5-12-158-0314 for 7 contact hours.
Provider approved by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences, Provider # PCE 5093 for 7 contact hours
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP 15942 for 7 contact hours.
View this flyer for more information.